Call for new members of the SSM ECR (Early Career Researchers) subcommittee (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
Please note – deadline for applications has been extended to the 20th December
We will shortly be saying farewell to some of our ECR Subcommittee members and while they will be greatly missed, it does mean that there will be some vacancies on the Subcommittee!
This Subcommittee represents the views of ECRs on the main SSM committee, organises tailored events for ECRs, and runs a dedicated email/jobs list and social media presence. We also monitor the mentoring scheme and network platform. The committee acts on a rolling basis where each member serves a term of three years and new spaces are made vacant by departing members. It’s a great opportunity to network with senior academics, peers and colleagues, and to get involved in discussions about the future of the research in this field.
- We are looking for 6 people to be elected for the following roles: 2 Local Conference Officers (two ECRs based in Cambridge to help coordinate ECR activities for next year’s conference); 1 Communications Officer (to help managing the Subcommittee’s social media and online presence e.g. Twitter, Gmail account, and ECR section of the website); 1 ECR Welfare Officer (to help with activities promoting the welfare of ECRs); 1 Newsletter Officer (to help with the ECR section of the SSM newsletter); 1 Networking Platform Officer (to help with SSM’s networking platform). All officers will also actively contribute to all functions of the ECR Subcommittee.
If you’re interested in putting yourself forward for election, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (before Midnight on 20th of December 2019) with the subject “ECR Subcommittee Nomination” and the following information.
1) Your name*
2) Your email address
3) Where you work (organisation and town/city)
4) The name of one existing member of the SSM (in good standing) who is willing to support your candidature. If you do not know any existing members of the SSM, please email us and we can find out if there are any members in your institution who might be willing to support you.
5) Up to 75 words describing what you would bring to the sub-committee
6) The position/s for which you are applying
*Only your name, and <75 word description will appear on the electronic ballot.
Note: Only current members of the SSM are eligible to stand. If you are not currently a member, you will have to become a member in order to stand. You may join the Society by emailing the membership secretary at email@example.com. Elections will be held electronically in a two week period following the closing date.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch! 🙂
The SSM ECR Subcommittee
(Georgia, Janice, Kate, Kathryn, Niamh, Naoimh, Paul, and Tarra)