The Web Master will:
- be supervised by a member of the Society
- have demonstrated evidence of basic web site management and authoring skills before appointment
- have proven reliable access to the Internet
- be appointed by the Committee for a period of three years, renewable
- be a member of the Communications subcommittee, though not its chair
- be responsible to the Committee.
- have the right to change the domain name provider and the Internet Service Provider after consultation with the Communications subcommittee
- remind the Treasurer to pay the provider(s) when payment is due
- develop and maintain the SSM main site and the ASM site, including:
- Post new material within 3 days of receipt on the main site and on the SSM Twitter, Facebook and RSS pages
- post material related to the Society’s members’ interests, in particular information about conferences
- Amending the sites to conform with any changes in branding
4. provide information to the Communications Officer as requested (e.g. for his/her annual report to the Committee and contributions to the Newsletter)
5. inform the Communications Officer and Communications subcommittee of a wish to resign at least 6 months before termination.