The Communications Officer will:
- be a member of the Society
- have demonstrated evidence of basic web site management (or a willingness to learn same) and authoring skills before appointment
- have proven reliable access to the Internet
- be appointed by the Committee for a period of three years, renewable
- be a co-opted member of the main Committee
- chair the Communications subcommittee
- be responsible to the Committee
- oversee the work of the Web master
- oversee development and maintenance of the SSM main site and the ASM site, as specified in the role of the web master, section 5.9.
- report annually to the Committee and contribute to the Newsletter when requested
- inform the Committee of a wish to resign at least 3months before termination.